Client Portal FAQ
Delivering an incredible client experience doesn’t end with offering a Client Portal—but it does start there. And with the friction of multiple log-ins, cluttered modules, and difficult-to-find resources discouraging investors from using Client Portals at all, that experience needed to change.
That’s why, we introduced the newly improved Orion Client Portal—the industry’s only true personal financial management experience—designed to empower your clients with everything they need to run their financial lives. Check out the below FAQs to learn more about what you can expect.
What is the One Portal Project?
- Legacy Orion Client Portal: The legacy Portal was built to support the core Orion portfolio management solution. It provides a white-labeled Portal through which advisors can permission clients to access key portfolio information such as quarterly performance reports, balance sheets, investment details, and more!
- Orion Planning Platform (formerly Advizr): The Orion Planning platform includes a dynamic Client Portal that supports the platform’s powerful financial planning tools. Among other key features, the new Portal enables advisors to allow clients to aggregate accounts, view their financial plan, and access key documents.
The Orion One Portal Project brought these two Portals together into one—along with a few groundbreaking new features—to help advisors provide a comprehensive client experience that is consistent across platforms, without the need for multiple logins. The new Portal is the anchor of this strategy and is the main Portal, receiving a number of enhancements to ensure it includes all the features previously available on the Legacy Portal as well as several new updates. The Legacy Portal, meanwhile, will eventually be sunsetted.
What makes Orion’s new Portal approach better than the existing approach than the rest of the industry?
What features are available as part of the new Portal?
- View and update their financial plans and goals
- View investment performance
- Open and fund accounts in a matter of minutes via our new Apex integration
- Aggregate financial accounts
- Store, share, and receive documents via a document vault
- Co-browse with their advisor
- Access via any device, including mobile (coming soon)
- And more
Additionally, advisors are able to:
- Preview the Client Portal before deploying to a new client
- Enable or disable a number of features
- Brand the Portal with their logo and colors
- Connect the Client Portal to Orion’s broader technology suite
How does an advisor/firm transition from the Legacy Portal to the new Portal?
- Contact Our Support Team: To get set up with the new Orion Client Portal, an interested advisor can sign up to get in touch with the Orion Planning Support Team here. This team will grant the advisor access to the Platform, help show them around the new portal, and answer any questions they may have.
- Let Your Clients Know: This step is optional, but recommended. You should let your clients know that their portal experience is about to be improved, and remind them that while nothing is required on their end, the experience will come with some notable enhancements. To make that outreach even easier and more effective, we created a number of client communication templates you can leverage that are available here.
- Flip the Switch: To officially get all their clients onto the new portal, the advisor can reach back out to the support team and we’ll do all the work behind the scenes using a redirect we built into the system. That way, once their team is ready to “flip the switch”, all their clients will be redirected to the new portal using the same login and credentials as before. Plus, all their investment data, documents, and account balances will be there waiting for them.
Am I required to switch my clients to the new Portal or can I stay on the Legacy Portal?
Can I test the new Client Portal out and still keep the Legacy Client Portal?
Is there a cost for the new Client Portal?
Am I required to use the full Orion Planning tool or can I just use the client experience? What if I already have a planning tool?
- Prospect: Find, nurture, and convert prospects through intuitive planning workflows tied directly to the Orion Market*r platform.
- Understand: With a built-in Risk Tolerance Questionnaire—either your own, the system’s default, or a third-party’s—uncover your client’s capacity for risk and be prepared to build a plan that fits that capacity.
Plan: Planning Solutions for Investors of All Types
- Client-led Tools: Easy to understand workflows allow clients and prospects to engage with Orion Planning and learn more about key parts of their financial plan, as permissioned by you.
- Modular Goals-Based: Intuitive, workflow-driven modules that guide your clients to sound financial decisions that help them reach their goals.
- Cash Flow: Create detailed cash flow based plans that ensure your clients understand what they own, what they can afford, and how they can live.
- Estate Planning Functionality (Coming soon): Organize your client’s estate and create a plan for their legacy.
- Propose: Present multiple plans and investment options to clients that help them decide which path is best for their lives.
- Act: Open and fund investment accounts from the Orion Planning experience in minutes using the new Apex Clearing Solutions integration.
- Oversee: Aggregate client accounts for real-time updates, upload and share key documents through the Vault, and oversee performance data—all from within Orion Planning.
In addition to these features, the Orion Planning tool integrates with leading financial planning providers such as MoneyGuide, eMoney, and others.
Is a switch from the legacy Portal worthwhile?
Can the new Portal be previewed before making it live for clients?
What data aggregation service does the new Client Portal use?
Can I have some clients use Orion Planning and keep other clients on MoneyGuidePro or eMoney?
Is HiddenLevers going to be integrated in the New Client Portal?
Is the Orion integration with Calendly free?
Will the new mobile app completely replace the legacy mobile app?
How do clients who use the legacy mobile app transition to the new app once I move to the new Client Portal?
Who Do I Contact for Questions and Support?
Compliance Code: 1 8 9 1, Orion Advisor Solutions, July,24, 2020