SEO for Financial Advisors: 3 Tips to Maximize Your Digital Footprint
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimizer.”
SEO is the process of optimizing a website for Google search with the goal of earning higher web traffic levels and improving the visibility of the site. There are many factors that go into SEO, including on-page elements like keyword research and content optimization, as well as off-page factors like link building and social media engagement.
Why SEO for Financial Advisors is Essential
SEO is important for financial advisors because it can help them attract more clients from across the web. By optimizing their website and content, they can increase visibility and traffic, which can lead to increased revenue and clientele. In addition, by creating high-quality, keyword-rich content, financial advisors can build trust with potential clients and create a positive brand impression overall.
There are several effective SEO marketing strategies that financial advisors can use to reach new clients online, including:
- Creating engaging blog posts that discuss current trends in finance and offer advice on how to invest or save money wisely.
- Leverage social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to share keyword-optimized, helpful tips with their followers.
- Develop targeted ad campaigns focused on potential clients who may be interested in what they have to offer.
Take this one step further by utilizing local SEO. Local SEO is the process of improving search engine visibility for local businesses. By following local SEO best practices, businesses can improve organic traffic from searches performed by customers in nearby areas.
Keywords, Content, & Driving Traffic: Putting SEO to Work for You
For financial advisors, it’s important to produce content that’s relevant to their target audience in order to help them make informed decisions about their finances. In order to do so, you need to define your target market. Are you targeting small businesses that are looking for SEO services? Or are you aiming to attract more general consumers who may be interested in your product or service?
Once you know who you’re trying to attract, it’s important to focus on identifying the keywords and phrases that potential clients would use when searching for information about your business. This can be done through keyword research.
How to Research Keywords
The best way to start is with a list of potential keywords — then, using a keyword research tool such as SEMrush or Google Keyword Planner (which is free!) to see how often those keywords are searched for and how much competition there is for each keyword. Once you’ve found a few good keywords, you can then start optimizing your website specifically for them.
By including these keywords and key phrases on your site, it will rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) and increase the chances of bringing your target clients to your website or social media pages. Make sure to include these keywords throughout your website, including in your titles, headlines, and body copy.
How to Produce SEO-Friendly Content that Attracts Clients
When utilizing keywords to attract prospects, it’s important that you produce high-quality content that provides value. This means creating informative and well-written blog posts, articles, whitepapers, eBooks, etc. that will help your audience solve their problems or learn something new.
Create content in a way that is not only informative but also interesting and relevant. By doing this, you can do more than just reach those high-value, target prospects — you can begin nurturing them into your lead generation funnel. And while the use of keywords is important to drive prospects and customers to your site, avoid the temptation to simply write content stuffed with keywords and little else. Producing high-quality content that is valuable and tells a story that your clients care about is the key to keeping those same users engaged and enticing them to return.
Additional SEO Tips for Financial Advisors
By following these tips, you can create a powerful SEO marketing strategy that will help you attract more clients and grow your business:
- Use social media to promote your SEO efforts. Share blog posts, infographics, and other content that includes your target keywords on social media sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to get your website in front of potential clients who are searching for the services you offer. PPC can be an effective way to attract leads if done correctly, which means doing your keyword research in advance to provide the most bang for your buck!
- Use local SEO tactics to make sure your website appears in search results when people are looking for financial advisors in your area. This includes claiming your Google My Business listing and optimizing your website for local keywords.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly as more and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to search for businesses online. A responsive design will ensure that your site looks good and works well on all devices.
- Submit your website to directories, online listings, and review sites related to financial services to get more links pointing back to your site, which will in turn help with its ranking in search results pages.
Measuring Your Success
It’s important to monitor your results and adjust your strategies as needed to continue attracting new clients.
You can monitor how effective your SEO marketing efforts are by tracking traffic and conversions from visits to your website.
Tracking how many people visit your website and how many of those visitors turn into customers or clients is a simple and effective place to start. Tracking social media followers that transition to website visitors can also offer valuable insight into the value of various social media platforms to your marketing efforts.
If you’re not seeing an increase in traffic or conversions, then you need to adjust your SEO marketing strategy. This could involve changing your keyword focus, altering your content strategy, or improving your website’s design and user experience. Keep track of your progress by setting up Google Analytics goals and monitoring your website’s organic search traffic. If the numbers show that investing in SEO is paying off, keep up the good work! Getting started with effective SEO requires time and effort — but with careful planning and consistent effort over time, anything is possible.
Ready to level up your marketing game? Check out Redtail Campaigns, the industry’s first CRM-centric advisor marketing suite. Redtail Campaigns builds upon Orion’s legacy Market*r tool, empowering advisors and firms to drive new business and deepen client relationships through hyper-personalized marketing campaigns launched right from their CRM dashboard — see it in action, here, or get started today.