Direct indexing strategies can outperform ETFs and mutual funds after-taxes. But time-intensive, stagnant technology has made it difficult for advisors to implement and manage them effectively. Not anymore.
Our trading technology empowers you to create custom, direct indexed portfolios and execute all trades in just one cohesive system—seriously.
Benefits of Direct Indexing
Harvest stock losses on individual positions to offset taxes on capital gains elsewhere.
Capital Gains Deferral
Avoid selling top gainers to defer capital gains for when your client’s tax bracket decreases.
Ensure each position your clients hold align with their environmental, social, and governance values.
Incorporate current holdings into a direct indexed portfolio to reduce unnecessary trades and tax expenses.
The Orion Way of Direct Indexing
Save valuable time by optimizing and trading portfolios without jumping between trading tools.
Secure your client data by never having to export, send, and import it elsewhere.
Offer the truly custom, tax-efficient SMA strategies that can exceed client expectations.
Keep direct indexing in-house, instead of outsourcing to a third party provider.
Orion vs. Outsourced Optimizer
- Seamless integration with Eclipse™, Orion’s trading and rebalancing platform
- Allows you to play an active role in your clients’ accounts
- Full control over the execution of your investment philosophy
- Easy to implement client-specific preferences and constraints
- More cost-effective: Only $50 account/year
- Not integrated with a trading platform
- Requires you to turn client information over to a third party
- Third-party investment motives may not align with your own
- Difficult to prove that client parameters are being used
- Expensive account management fees tiered by basis points
Speaking of Saving Money
Advisors may be able to cover the entire cost of their portfolio accounting technology by direct indexing with Orion. See how much you could save with our interactive cost calculator.
Basis Points Fee
Number of Accounts
*This number is simply an estimate.
Your potential savings do not take into consideration the cost of Orion technology.